Our client is a leading provider of DevOps solutions for world’s largest and most successful companies, is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our client develops services team. Cloud architect participates in design and automation of hybrid cloud deployment architecture and CICD process for microservices applications based open source technology stack.
- Understand business goals of migration to the cloud and implementing CICD;
- Investigate and analyze application architecture, technology stack, requirements to new infrastructure and change management process;
- Collaborate with infrastructure, application development, testing, release engineering, and production operations teams;
- Create deployment architecture based on open source technology stack for automation;
- Establish efficient continuous delivery process and production operations process;
- Ensure compliance with SOC2, HIPAA, PCI requirements as needed;
- Plan phases of client journey towards the final architecture state;
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation;
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
A cloud architect works with all levels of client personnel from C*-level executives to individual engineers. Internally, a cloud architect guides Grid Dynamics delivery team and ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. While spending most time at a client, the architect also participates in internal activities. These activities include training, knowledge sharing, technology pre-sales, the creation of blueprints and case studies, and participation in outbound thought leadership activities, like writing blogs and attending conferences.
To be successful in the role, a cloud architect needs to be highly motivated in achieving high business value with technology. We require 5+ years of relevant experience in information technology in the senior roles related to CICD, DevOps, deployment automation, and cloud.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with:
- DevOps principles and stages of CICD process from source code management, to build, deployment and test automation, finishing with production deployments;
- Production operations and site reliability engineering principles;
- Public cloud IaaS including AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and IBM SoftLayer;
- CICD infrastructure technology stack including Jira, flavors of Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Docker;
- Provisioning and deployment automation technology stack including Hashicorp stack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and many others;
- Microservices platform stack including Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm, Netflix OSS / Spring Cloud, Consul, Etcd;
- Service-oriented or microservices architecture and distributed application design principles;
- Private and public PaaS including CloudFoundry, OpenShift, IBM Bluemix, Heroku;
- CICD process and infrastructure, ideally in the context of multi-service applications.
While it is not necessary to have expert knowledge of every DevOps tool, process, and technology in the spectrum, it is required to have a strong working knowledge with a subset of the technologies above. Broad awareness of different areas of DevOps is essential, coupled with a willingness to learn and expand the knowledge.